Getting to and from Curdworth
Curdworth is situated on the north west edge of North Warwickshire, approximately 9 miles from Birmingham City Centre, 5 miles from Sutton Coldfield and 8 miles from Tamworth. Although a rural village, Curdworth is well placed within the local road network and public services, making it easy to get to and from Curdworth .
The village is also within about five miles of the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham International Airport and Birmingham International Railway Station.
Click here for a street map of Curdworth (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=418047&y=292565&z=0&sv=B76+9HR&st=2&pc=B76+9HR&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)
By road : The A4097 runs through the village with the main residential areas on the south side of the road. The M42 motorway runs adjacent to the village, with the nearest junction being J9, known locally as Dunton Island – going north to Leicester or south towards the M5 and M40. The southern section of the M6 is accessible at junction 7 of the M42 and from here you can travel to Coventry or onto the M1 at junction 19
The M6 Toll Road crosses the M42 just behind the village, and Junction T1 is close to the village, which takes you around the northern edge of Birmingham and onto the M6 towards Manchester.
- Click here for AA routeplanner
- Click here to download application for Blue Badge
- Click here for M6 Toll Map
For cyclists, Curdworth provides a picturesque journey. Click here to download Cycle to Work Scheme
By bus : The main bus stops being outside the Post Office on the Coleshill Road and also on the Kingsbury Road. The main bus services for Curdworth are
- 115 (Tamworth, Dosthill, Kingsbury, Piccadilly, Wood End, Hurley, Curdworth, Minworth, Birmingham). Click here to download timetable.
- 116 (Tamworth, Dosthill, Kingsbury, Curdworth, Minworth, Birmingham). Click here to download timetable.
- Flexibus 216 (Coleshill, Water Orton, Curdworth, Wishaw, Grove End, Allen End, Middleton, Drayton Bassett, Tamworth, Polesworth, Dordon, Atherstone). Click here to download timetable.
- Flexibus 223 (Kingsbury, Nether Whitacre, Furnace End, Shustoke, Whitacre Heath, Lea Marston, Curdworth, Water Orton, Gilson, Coleshill, Little Packington, Bickenhill, Catherine de Barnes, Elmdon Heath Parkway Hospital, Solihull). Click here to download timetable.
- Flexibus 231 (Coleshill, Water Orton, Curdworth, Lea Marston, Whitacre Heath, Bodymoor Heath, Middleton, Drayton Bassett, Tamworth). Click here to download timetable.
GUIDE TO 24 HOUR CLOCK – handy when using bus and rail timetables – click here.
By rail : Just a short bus journey away is Coleshill Parkway, Two trains an hour operate in each direction, two trains towards Leicester, Cambridge and Stansted Airport and two westbound to Birmingham New Street, as well as a single Voyager service from Reading to Derby. The station incorporates a bus interchange providing four per hour direct Tamworth - Coleshill - Birmingham International Airport fast bus connections taking around fifteen minutes to the airport.
Water Orton train station is about 2 miles from curdworth and trains from here take an easy 10-15 minutes to Birmingham New Street.
- Click here to download timetable for Coleshill Parkway
- Click here to link to Coleshill Parkway website
Need help with Transport :
Click here to download information about Beeline Community Transport
Click here to download information about North Warwickshire Concessionary Travel Scheme
Click here to download Application Form for Concessionary Travel
Click here to dowload information about North Warwickshire Taxi voucher scheme and tokens
Handy contacts :
- BeeLine Community Transport 01827 717074
- Centro: 0121 200 2700
- Mike de Courcy Travel: 02476 302656
- North Warwickshire Concessionary Travel Scheme – 01827 715341
- North Warwickshire Disabled travel and taxi token scheme – 01827 715341
- Stagecoach: 01788 535555
- Stagecoach Travel Line (timetable info): 0870 6082608
- Travel West Midlands: 0121 254 7272
- Travel Line (Travel W.Mids timetable info): 0870 608 2608